"...so I'm not exactly sure what my plan is. I just know I want to do these things and for me to do that, I need to step away from the company and resign my position."
So I resigned. Responses from friends and co-workers, largely, were not as I expected. Supportive. Humorous. Encouraging. Many have commented about how they would love to do what I'm doing.
Ultimately, I want to take some time off to do some other things, while deciding what career path to engage next. I like work, contributing to teams, achieving goals and helping people. I can't see myself taking too much time away.
So I'm now going to do some things I've dreamed of.
- Sightseeing in Europe. The Wicklow Way 50K in the mountains outside of Dublin on March 22nd.
- Running around all the PNW has to offer (Issy Alps, Orcas Island, etc.), exploring next steps career-wise. Yakima Skyline Rim April 20th.
- Road trip to San Fran for Miwok 100K. Run trails in Oregon and Northern California while heading down. Taper a bit before race.
- Road trip/training trip to parks in Northern/Southern Cali and then Arizona and maybe some mountains of Colorado.
- A Grand Canyon Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim run in Mid-May. Run In Zion Canyon. Do some scouting runs in Bryce Canyon.
- Two or three week taper leading into Bryce 100M on June 14th. Will involve hiking and swimming and sight-seeing. I envision this also including a lot of time figuring out career steps/applying to jobs.
If you want to join, let me know. firstname.lastname@example.org